Last updated on March 5th, 2021.
Welcome to www.meitani.gr
Our Company takes the privacy of its users seriously into account. For this purpose, we strictly comply with the rules of the present Privacy Notice, which ensures the protection of your fundamental rights and guarantees our compliance with applicable data protection laws.
1. Subject Matter
1.1. The present Notice sets out the terms and conditions which the Company follows in order to protect the privacy of the Users of the Website. It describes the conditions under which we make any collection and processing of your personal data and ensure their confidentiality.
1.2. The Company reserves the right to amend and update this Privacy Notice, whenever it deems it appropriate, and any changes thereof shall come in force and effect from the instance they appear online at the present webpage of the Website.
1.3. This Privacy Notice applies only to our Website under the top-level domain www.meitani.gr. Users should be aware that our Website may also contain links to other websites, yet our Company cannot be held responsible for the data processing practices or the content of such websites.
1.4. If any provision of this Privacy Notice is declared void or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed from this Privacy Notice, which shall otherwise remain in full force and effect to the extent that the original intent of this Privacy Notice will not be altered in any material respect.
2. Which Types of Data We Collect
2.1. We collect only the strictly necessary categories of personal data and only for purposes of smoothly executing transactions through our Website and for the provision of support to our clients at the point of (a) your access and during your use of our Website, (b) your registration as user, (c) purchasing our products, and (d) your communication with us:
2.2. At the point of your access and during the use of the Website
• IP Address and end user device data.
• Browsing data.
• Consumer behaviour data.
• Transactions’ data.
2.3. At the point of your registration for your personal account and/or each time you log-in:
• Name / Surname.
• Address and contact data.
• Tax and invoice data.
2.4. At the point of purchasing our products either as guest or as user:
• Name / Surname.
• Shipping address and contact data.
• Tax and invoice data.
• Information regarding your order.
• Credit / debit card or other data regarding the execution of your payment.
• Choice of payment method.
• Choice of shipping option.
2.5. In addition, when you communicate with us by email or by any other means (eg contact forms), we collect and process personal data relating to such communications under the terms and conditions hereof in order to correspond to your requests and to improve our services.
3. For Which Purposes Do we Process Your Data
3.1. Personal data necessary for the provision of our services is collected and processed by our Company pursuant to article 6 § 1 (b) of the GDPR for the following purposes:
• Performance of our contractual obligations towards our Users and Clients.
• Immediate, adequate and efficient provision of our services.
• Tax use and use for pricing and proof of delivery of ordered products.
• Communicating with our clients in the framework of the execution of our services and for the resolution of any complaints.
3.2. In addition, your personal data is collected and processed by our Company pursuant to Article 6 § 1 (f) of the GDPR when necessary for the purpose of pursuing the following legitimate interests:
• The smooth operation of our Website.
• The user-friendly performance of our Website.
• The improvement of your online experience, while browsing and using our site.
• Improvement, management and review of our products and services to meet the needs of our clients as much as possible.
• Administration, organization and function of our business.
• Management of our clientele.
• Extrajudicial or judicial use for the protection of our lawful rights and interests.
4. When Do We Depend on Your Consent
4.1. Our Company may process personal data only with your lawful consent for the following purposes:
• For the purposes of commercial communication, marketing and advertising of our products or third party products via SMS, telephone, e-mail, internet, fax, mail, social media and / or any other appropriate communication channels.
• For personified market research and / or analysis purposes to better understand your needs, preferences, interests, experiences and / or habits as a consumer.
• To operate and manage any reward programs.
4.2. In this context, by giving your consent, you explicitly state that you wish to provide your consent for the above purposes in accordance with the terms and conditions of this policy. You may provide your consent in the following ways:
• When registering your account.
• When giving your consent to the use of our marketing cookies, if any.
4.3. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the treatment of your data prior to its revocation. Your consent is also revoked in the same manner as provided.
5. Which May Be the Recipients of Your Data
5.1. Our Company does not assign your personal data or interconnect its database with any third parties, public authorities or other organizations for financial or other consideration.
5.2. For the execution of the purposes mentioned in this Notice, the Company may provide access to or transmit the following types of your data to the following processors:
• Your financial data with the credit institutions, with which we partner each time to process payments to and from your bank accounts and credit card accounts;
• Your personal data to our internet and data hosting providers for hosting purposes.
• Your personal data to our information technology maintenance and support providers for the smooth operation of the Website and our information and communication systems.
• Consumer behavior data and contact information to third-party marketing and advertising companies for the commercial communication, marketing and advertising of our services or third-party services.
• Your personal data to data analytics service providers.
• Your personal data to accountants, lawyers, financial or professional consultants in the context of the provision by the latter of services to our Business.
• Your address and contact data to courier service providers for the shipment of purchased products to your premises.
5.3. The processing of your personal data by our data processors mentioned above is executed under our control and orders and is subject to the same data protection policy or to a policy of at least the same level of protection.
5.4. In the event that we are required by a court or other administrative authority and in any other case that we are legally bound to do so, our Company may transfer your personal data to public authorities to the extent specified by law prior to you being informed.
5.5. Our Company does not execute cross-border transfers of personal data to third countries outside the European Economic Area, which have not been recognized as having an adequate level of protection by the European Commission.
6. Data Security and Confidentiality
6.1. In order to ensure the proper use and integrity of your personal data and to prevent their unauthorized or accidental access, processing, deletion, alteration or other use, the Company applies appropriate internal policies and takes all appropriate organizational, technical, physical, logical and organizational security measures, as well as technical standards, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
6.2. The processing of your data by the Company is conducted in a manner that ensures their confidentiality and physical and logical security, taking into account the latest developments, implementation costs and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing, as well as the risks for your rights and freedoms, which are applicable in each circumstance.
6.3. Your personal data is processed solely by authorized personnel of the Company, bound by strict obligations of confidentiality.
7. Data Retention
7.1. We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the relevant purposes of their processing mentioned above.
7.2. Συγκεκριμένα, διατηρούμε τα προσωπικά σας δεδομένα για τις ακόλουθες περιόδους:
• Δεδομένα επιγραμμικού λογαριασμού: Μέχρι τη διαγραφή του λογαριασμού από μέρους σας ή δύο (2) έτη μετά την τελευταία χρήση αυτού (log-in).
• Δεδομένα συναλλαγών: Δέκα (10) έτη αναφορικά με τα δεδομένα φορολογικού ενδιαφέροντος και πέντε (5) έτη αναφορικά με τα υπόλοιπα δεδομένα συναλλαγών.
• Δεδομένα που συλλέγονται μέσω Cookies: Αναλυτική ενημέρωση για τις περιόδους διατήρησης αυτών είναι διαθέσιμη στην πολιτική cookies του Ιστοτόπου μας.
7.3. Our Company may retain your personal data after the expiration of the relevant purposes of processing only in the following cases:
• In case that there is a legal obligation under a specific statutory provision.
• For tax and social security audit reasons within the relevant statutory limitation period.
• For research or statistical purposes or for the proper organization and operation of our business provided that anonymity or pseudonymization of your data takes place.
• In case of any claims against the Company, for as long as necessary to defend our rights and legitimate interests before any competent court and any other public authority.
7.4. After the period of retention, your personal data is erased from our databases and systems in accordance with our data protection policies and provided that their retention is no longer required for the fulfillment of the purposes we have described above.
8. Which Are Your Rights
8.1. Without prejudice to applicable law and subject to any limitations thereof, you have the right to request access, but also a copy of your personal data, which we collect and process. If you wish a copy of part or all of your personal data, please contact us at the contact details of our Business mentioned below.
8.2. We further inform you that you have the right at any time to exercise your rights without prejudice to applicable law, regarding the rectification, erasure, restriction of processing of your data and to object to their processing.
8.3. The Company will respond to any of your requests within one month from their receipt. Upon prior notice, this period may be extended by a further two months if necessary, taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of any other pending requests. In case of rejection of your request, we will provide relevant justification.
8.4. If your request does not meet the requirements of applicable law, we reserve the right either to: (a) impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or executing the requested action, or (b) reject your request.
8.5. In the event of any violation of your personal data, which may place your rights and freedoms at a high risk, and provided that it does not fall under one of the exceptions expressly provided for by applicable law, we undertake to inform you without undue delay.
8.6. If there are any doubts as to the identity of the individual submitting the request, we reserve the right to request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm his / her identity.
8.7. If your rights are infringed, we inform you that you have the right to file a complaint with the Greek Data Protection Authority or with any other competent supervisory authority.
9. Which Are Your Obligations
9.1. By using our Website and by providing your personal data upon your consent, you acknowledge that your personal data has to be actual, accurate and up to date, whenever you are requested to grant them by our Company. Furthermore, you must inform our Company of any changes regarding your data so as to ensure it is kept up-to-date and accurate.
9.2. If you are found to be in breach of your obligations or if our Company has reasonable suspicion that the information you provide is false or incomplete or in any way contrary to applicable law or this Privacy Notice, we retain the right to reject your application for registration or to suspend or terminate your account immediately without notice. In this case, you have no right to any compensation due to the rejection of your application, or the suspension or termination of your account.
9.3. By using our Website you confirm that you are over sixteen (16) years old. If you are under the age of sixteen (16) you have the obligation to abstain from any use of our Website and from any transfer of your personal data without the consent of the person who exercises your parental responsibility. If you fail to comply with the foregoing obligations, you must immediately notify our Company. In any case, by using our Website, you acknowledge that our Company is not responsible for your violation of the obligations mentioned above to the extent that it is unable, even if it makes reasonable efforts, to verify your age or to receive consent from your guardian.
11.1. At the point of filling in the service provision form at our Website as well as the point of providing us your e-mail address, you consent to receive from us communications for the execution of your requests and for the provision of our services.
11.2. This communication will display clearly the identity of our Company and will allow you to object and ask easily and with no charges the termination of such communication.
12. International Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
12.1. Any dispute between you and the Company arising from or in relation to the subject matter of this Privacy Notice shall be governed and construed in accordance with Greek law without reference to its conflict of laws principles and shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts of Athens, Greece.
12.2. If a provision of the present Privacy Notice is annulled by a decision of a competent court as unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of its provisions, which will remain in full force and will be accordingly applicable.
For the withdrawal of your consent and for any further request or query related to your personal data you may address us by using the following contact data:
MARGARITA MEITANI - HANDICRAFTS
Address: 30 Lekka Street, Athens, 10562, Greece.
Tel.: 30 210 32 42 483